This web site, run by Rosemary Harrison-Smith with the help of
Tony Harrison-Smith FBHI, was started in 1997 and it holds information that we have found about various
clock and watchmakers, and so far has
35,758 records in its database. The information comes from listings published in books and trade directories that we have in our library, giving
dates that makers are known to have been working. At the moment, the database includes
individual trade directory entries from
trade directories and more detailed biographies for
3904 makers and retailers.
The information is not necessarily all there is to know about the maker, but it is a digest of all we have found in our researches.
We specialise in British and Irish makers.
Pattens Clock Repairs
Est 1932, antique and modern clocks repaired.
phone 01268 759047 (Benfleet, Essex)
Welcome to THE web site for researching the maker of your clock or Watch.
a tour of the clockswatches.co.uk website
Clock and Watch Maker Details added or updated in the last 2 weeks
- Lemmon, Charles of Brentwood, Essex. A brief document giving some working dates for, Charles Lemmon of Brentwood, Essex. (23 Sep 2016)
- Gadsby family of Lincoln. A brief document giving some working dates for this family of makers. (Updated 22 Sep 2016)
- Camerer Cuss & Co. of London. A brief document giving some history and working dates for Camerer Cuss & Co. The page has1 photo of an advert, 9 photos of 2 clocks and a watch sold by them. (Updated 22 Sep 2016)
- Jefferson, J. of Hull A brief document giving some working dates for J. Jefferson of Hull. (Updated 21 Sep 2016)
- Walker, John of London A brief document giving some working dates for several makers with the name of John Walker of London. There are 2 photos of a clock by them on this page. (Updated 21 Sep 2016)
- French, Bernard of Shipston-on-Stour, Warwicks, Maldon and Clacton, Essex. A brief document giving some working dates for Bernard French of Shipston-on-Stour, Warwickshire and Clacton, Essex. (14 Sep 2016)
- Jones, John of Liverpool, Lancashire. A brief document giving some working dates for several makers named John Jones of Liverpool. (13 Sep 2016)
Forgotten your Password?
Links to other sites
This site is run by Pattens Clock